Em is reading Twilight as we speak...traveling to Japan and back in four days opens up a lot of reading time! Lina, what did you think? I thought this sounded interesting, too.
Can't say enough about Oscar Wao - Mariela is reading it now and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Diaz adds bunches of funny footnotes that are partially historical but mostly satirical...the DR makes a worthy specimen.
Final note: be prepared to drink, ladies! Slivovitz will abound at the next book club, and we will have a ride back to SD proper. Le'chaim!
2 comments:
I finished Twilight like it was [insert flavor here] dip and chips. and it was good, let me tell you. I scouted japanese bookstores for the (english) sequel, but to no avail. . .and the LAX bookstores didn't have it, either. my copy of twilight is up for grabs, karina.
twilight is a little more YA than Sookie books, but a little more appealing because there's more restraint at the same time. I particularly like the protagonist as she describes herself in a manner I can deeply understand; she's terribly uncoordinated, and unapologetically so.
Interesting! Yes I'd love to borrow it if I don't just buy it at Target first. It's going to be interesting going from reading "HBO" to "ABC Family Channel." I don't know if you got past the first Sookie book, but it gets STEAMY! :)
Post a Comment