Monday, January 25, 2010

Member of the Week!

Another member of the week... Shannon Howell!

  • Do you have any pets? A sweet Aussie Shep named Slick. What was the last book you read? Olive Kitteridge - just finished. I kind of like Olive - sure, she has insecurity issues, manifested by bitchiness, but who doesn't?

  • Do you like to cook? LOVE it! I actually considered becoming a chef, applied to Culinary Institute of America, and all. Decided I would learn to hate it if it was my profession though. What's your favorite food? Foie Gras, unapologetically.

  • Have you ever lived in another country? Does New Orleans count? Otherwise, there was the summer in Switzerland.

  • Have you ever met a famous person? No, but I have seen quite a few. I respect their privacy and don't approach. How do you spend your free time? Now that I have some, watching the boob tube, reading, shopping (rarely anymore), cooking, and drinking wine.

  • What do you do on Sundays? Usually church in the morning, sometimes lunch with friends, planning the menu for the week & grocery shopping, making dinner and capping off the evening with a little Big Love.

  • What is your motto in life? I don't really have a motto. But, I live my life by doing what I know in my heart is the right thing, regardless of what others may think.

  • What are you best at? Cooking. Also, procrastination - after waiting months to answer these questions, I now take the opportunity to answer them all, and during working hours!

  • Who do you respect the most? My husband.

  • Are you a 'morning' or 'night' person? Neither. Morning requires two cups of coffee before I'm any good. And, I'm usually in bed by 10pm. Gone are the days of staying up till 4am and back to work at 8am.

  • How many times did you move as a child? Twice - two blocks away each time.

  • If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? Probably either Provence or Tuscany
  • What super-power would you most like to have, and why? I have always wanted to fly. I used to have the most fantastic dreams that I was flying around with the likes of superman, batman, and superwoman. It was always such a marvelous sensation.

Since Shannon did not send me any pictures... I dug some up (evil laugh)... and one includes me!





No comments: