For a moment, I was unsure if my "Getting to Know You Part II" email went out because NO ONE replied to me. But alas, Mary sent in her pictures and comments. Please take 5 minutes and send in something... I know all of you will have PLENTY of time this week!Before we get to Mary, I also want to wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving!
And, to Miss Emily Murphy, Happy Birthday!

Now, presenting... Mary Barranger:
- Do you have any pets? I used to have "Sappho the Singing Dog" but alas, a pet doesn't fit into my present lifestyle.
- What was the last book you read? I'm reading Christopher Moore A Dirty Job, just finished The Women by TC Boyle.
- Do you like to cook? Yes, sporadically. I have to get inspired.
- What's your favorite food? A good cruncy salad.
- Have you ever lived in another country? I lived outside London for a year (1973-74)
- Have you ever met a famous person? Yes, I've met Bert Reynolds, Bill Clinton, Princess Margaret.
- How do you spend your free time? Knitting, going to foreign films, doing logic puzzles
What do you do on Sundays? I like to do the Sunday NYT Crossword Puzzle, then see my Dad. - What is your motto in life? "Travel through life lightly." (In other words, try not to accumulate or become attached to too much stuff.)
- What kind of food do you like? Today it was Mexican.
- Which languages do you speak? Other than English, French, a bit of Danish.
- What are you best at? I think I'm a good friend.
- Who do you respect the most? My sweetheart Jerry.
- Would you like to be famous? No.
- Are you a 'morning' or 'night' person? Morning
- When do you feel best? In the morning, afternoon, or evening? Makes no diff.
- How many times did you move as a child? Not too much, I lived in 3 different houses from K-12.
- What cartoon character best describes you? Don't really have a favorite cartoon character.
- If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would it be? Right here.
- If you knew could you try anything and not fail, what dream would you attempt? The one dream I never fulfilled was being a matriarch of a family, so I guess that would be it. It just didn't happen for me this lifetime.
- What super-power would you most like to have, and why? I would like to be able to heal other's pain.

Now that we know a little more about Mary, let's learn a little about you! I'm looking forward to receiving your emails!
Have a good one!
Karina
No comments:
Post a Comment